Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cenzy and Brandon






I thought I would share my story :)

Brandon and I met when he was 4 and I was 3. Our Dad's were stationed on the same military base and our families quickly became friends. Brandon was my best friend and first little crush. We told people all the time that we were going to get married someday and we would fight over what day and our sunbeam teacher would say we didn't need to worry about it until we were older and Brandon had gone on his mission and we would just say ok and stop fighting about and hold hands. Both our families moved away and for a while we wrote letters but eventually our families lost touch and both moved all over the states.

Growing up it was always the family joke that we really would get married.I just thought yeah right I haven't seen him since I was little and we probably wouldn't like each other. When I was 14 I got a facebook friend request from him and the rest of his family. They lived in Tennesse and we lived in Washington and I never thought anything of it and we would occasionally chat on facebook. Our families continued moving around and mine moved to Idaho when I was 15.

High School was tough for me I felt like I didn't fit in and I thought most of the guys were jerks. For a while I started to think I never wanted to get married. The summer between my junior and senior year Brandon's family decided to move to Idaho. As soon as my family found out I never heard the end of all there jokes. I would laugh and continue thinking whatever we're just friends. On July 1st,2009 his family moved in. My family went to see them that night. We all talked and he was so cute and funny and I just felt so close to him and was able to be myself immediately. We hung out all the time with our family over the next few weeks. Our families teased us and he would joke and call me his future wife. About a week and a half of them living here I got a facebook relationship status request to be marrried to him. I laughed so hard and accepted it. On August 14 we went on our first official date and went bowling. It was alot of fun and at this point I knew I liked him alot and I wasn't sure if he liked me. We hung out and went on another date. I still wasn't sure what he really thought of me. We went on another date around september 12 and went to see G.I. Joe the whole time I was trying to hint to get him to hold my hand he didn't though and after the movie I drove him back to his house. I figured he just liked me as a friend and he was just about to get out when he said "can I ask you what your feelings are for me." I was nervous but I was honest and said I liked him alot. He smiled and said he liked that answer and I asked him if the same question. I was shocked when he said "your pretty much the person who makes me the happiest" I was so shocked that pretty much all I was able to get out was that awesome. I was such a nerd I didn't even hug him I was just in shock but I was also so happy( later he told me he thought he had blown it by saying that, poor guy) We talked all the time over the next few days and on september 17th he asked me to be his girlfriend. I of course said yes. We spent as much time as we could together and quickly fell in love. I have never felt the way I felt about him for anyone before and it may sound cheesy but we both felt we must have been best friends or known each other in the pre existance and we knew within about 2.5 months that we wanted to be with each other for eternity.

In december 2009 his family decided to move to Utah I was so sad but knew that we would be able to handle the distance and I felt it would even help both of us to prepare for him leaving on his mission. We saw each other about once a month and in Febuary 2010 he got his mission call to the Mexico, Mexico City North mission. He would be leaving June 9th I was so proud of him and knew he would do great but I was also so sad at the thought of him leaving for 2 years. The time passed too quickly and in the end of May I went to Utah with my family to go his farewell. The night before his farewell we went on a walk and ended up sitting on the grass at his church building and looked out at the Mount Timpanogas temple we talked and told each other how much we loved each other and he just held me and we both cried. It was so tough but we both knew it was what would be best. The next day he had his farewell and my family and I left within about a half an hour. I kissed him and we said goodbye. We talked on the phone as much as we could before he left. June 9, 2010 was so tough for me I cried so much but I knew that it was the right thing for both of us.

He has been out for a little over 13 months now I still love him so much. It has definately not been easy and I have struggled a ton because he can't email and the mail system is slow but I know its what I am supposed to be doing and that it will be worth it in the end. I love him so much and know I can do this. We got this girls :)

No comments:

Post a Comment