Thursday, July 21, 2011

Emilie and Tim



Emilie before I say your story I just have to say you are such a cute couple :) and Happy Hump Day!!!!!!! Woot woot you got this girly. Haha well here is Emilie and Tim's story




Oh, where to start... I had a crush on my boy, Tim, way before he even knew who I was. I knew him because 1) I worked with his dad who was in the Stake Presidency and I was a co-chair in the stake youth council, we talked a lot and I'd say we were friends, 2) Tim was on the high school soccer team and then in his first year of college, he played for BYU's team. 3) I'd heard him speak and bear his incredible testimony several times, 4) I'll just say it, he's DANG good-looking, oh my handsome and holy hot body, is so outgoing, a happy person, has a perfect big white smile, and has a voice that makes my heart flutter. 5) He was my perfect description of Prince Charming. You know how everybody has that one person they think they could never ever be with, but they think they're incredible and only THE most amazing girl ever could deserve to be with him, and even then, it's a stretch? That was Tim to me. He has every quality I wrote down on my 'list of wants in a future husband' when I was a little Beehive in Young Women's. I looked to him as my 'dream man'. So, obviously I was in love with this kid before I even really knew who he was. I had this crush on him all through high school up until when we met. Creepy as it may be, I even wrote his name in my journal as one of my crushes! There's my proof. :P As far as him knowing me, his Dad talked about me to him sometimes, told him to talk to me, but he never would because he 'was too scared and too intimidated.' "After all how could someone so out of my league, like her, like me!? AND I don't even know her." So that's the background of our story up until when we met.


May 30th was my seminary graduation. Me and a friend were asked to do a musical number for the event, and we planned on singing a duet. Only problem was that we didn't have a pianist...we tried and tried to find one, until she came up with the idea to ask my Tim to play. I was immediately, "YES YES YES!!!!" After all this could give me my chance, if I could get up the courage, to talk to him! So she called, and he couldn't do it because he had somewhere to be, but asked if we'd be okay if his sister played instead. We of course said yes because we desperately needed someone, but my heart kinda hurt because I'd wanted Tim! :P Well, Tim ended up being able to come, and he wanted to be there for his sister who he'd asked to play instead of him. I remember having a dress-rehearsal and that's when I spoke my first words to him. I was pretty proud of myself. :) Oh I was so smitten with him. Right before we sang at the actual meeting, I was talking to my friend that was singing with me, and she told me she had butterflies..I curiously asked her why, and she replied that she and Tim had dated a couple years before and she hadn't ever fully gotten over him. WELL as you can imagine, that kinda crushed my hopes of getting to know him without hurting her. So anyway, we ended up singing and the song went great! I remember making eye-contact a couple times with him. Made my heart sing! :) I left immediately after for a graduation party, so I didn't go up to him after... like my friend did. Haha she texted me awhile after the event, saying that he'd had asked for my number and she'd given it to him, figuring I wouldn't mind. Tell ya what, I didn't mind AT ALL! HE texted me that night and we talked till I fell asleep. He asked if I could hang out the next day and everything! He wanted to see me so bad. :) I felt horrible for talking to him because my friend had admitted she still had feelings for him, so we talked it out and she was completely fine, luckily. She thought it was adorable the way everything was happening and told me she wanted us to get to know each other. So I moved forward and the rest is history!!


Our first real date was two days after graduation. We went to the Pepperwood waterfall...got lost for a sec but found our way, and then we went mini-golfing at Mulligans. It was a shorter date because I had plans already for later that night, but it ended up being perfect. :) We talked the whole time with ease and loved getting to know each other. It's surprising to me that it wasn't awkward in the slightest bit, because when he picked me up that night, literally my only words to him had ever been, "How did the song sound?" But anyway, the first date was perfect, couldn't have gone better, and I was absolutely thrilled and hopeful for a second date. We continued to see each other everyday till the day he left on his mission.


The story of us first holding hands is my absolute favorite. My friend and I had planned a double date for me and Tim, and her and her boy. We were going to go skittles bowling and then roast marshmallows and starbursts in the fire-pit in my backyard. So we went. :) Best. date. ever. We had so much fun, it was such an easy going date. It started off with me and Tim fighting about who was paying...I pulled out my card, handing it to the cashier, and Tim turned my shoulders towards him and said, "Oh hey, can I have a hug??" He pulled me in, pulled my card from the counter and slid his own into the cashiers hands. Little stink I was so mad, but it was sooo cute. We started bowling, making fools of ourselves, and this one time after Tim bowled, he came, sat down, and put his hand on mine, which was on my lap. (This is making me teary eyed dang-it!) My heart was going to pop out of my chest, I was flying higher than a kite!! Remember this is my PRINCE CHARMING that is holding HANDS with ME!! Every time after that, after I bowled, I'd come off the floor and grab his hand, every time he got off the floor he grabbed mine. We were immediately addicted to holding hands. After bowling, we walked out to the car with his arm wrapped around my shoulder and mine around his waist. We walked out to the car laughing and talking, swaying probably like drunk people because we weren't paying attention to anything but each other. :P At my house, while we were gathering everything up, I ran into my parents room really quick and squealed that Tim had held my hand that night. :) :) They laughed and told me to go enjoy the rest of the night with him. We had the best time ever in the fire-pit. We laughed and laughed and laughed and OH it was just the best night ever. He had his arm around me the whole time, we held hands, that's just the night that we REALLY became dependent on each other and the night we really became inseparable.


The first kiss was perfect too. We'd gone to the Real Salt Lake game with his whole family, we'd star-gazed with his two cute nieces, ages 4 and 2, and after they left, we went and got snow-cones and he decided he wanted to star-gaze again. Totally knew the first kiss was coming. :P We laid next to each other on the grass just talking, eventually we started talking about serious things, about 'us.' He then sat up, leaned over, and put his hands over me, staring into my eyes. I think my heart stopped beating. Not even kidding. We continued talking with him over me like that, I was soo gosh darn scared of being kissed, after-all I'd never been! I had no clue what to do! He completely surprised me when he went for it, I'd just finished a phrase in talking, and all the sudden, he was there! Haha I remember thinking, "Oh my goodness I'm not VL anymore..." But it was wonderful. :) He came up, smiled, and kissed me one more time. Very sweet, short, and cute. It was about 5 minutes to my curfew, so we quickly got up, he grabbed my hand, and we skipped to his car. :)


He told me he loved me at the Sunrise Elementary School playground. We'd walked there from his house, and then messed around on all the equipment. At one point we stopped and were just talking. He'd been telling me for awhile that he had something to tell me, but whenever I'd bring it up, he'd kind of brush it off...but this time, he said, "Oh yeah, I really...have something to tell you...you know, that thing I've been telling you I needed to tell you.." Ha it was so cute, he was soo nervous. He started telling me about how with most movies he's watched recently, there's been a 'happily ever after', and in particular, there was this one movie where an amazing girl came into an average mans life and totally changed him. He then said, "Em, it's like us.. and I...I...think I'm just trying to say that I've fallen in love with you." It was so stinkin' cute, but I totally was not expecting it. I was shocked, it'd come so fast for him, and I got so scared! Loving him hadn't even crossed my mind...it didn't even occur to me that I was falling in love with him too. I hadn't been paying attention, and now, here we were, falling hard and fast for each other. Aw shucks, it was really cute, and definitely heart-felt. :)


We dated such a short time, but we both knew from the start that we were special. He was my first, I probably his 20th. I didn't mind too much, because from those experiences with other girls, he knew what he was looking for now, he'd learned about himself, and he'd learned from that past. He respected me to no end, never questioned me, he never made me feel inadequate, or dumb, or too inexperienced, and he never compared me. Complete respect, which meant more to me than he'll ever know. I felt like I could tell him everything, he soon became my best friend, the person I needed, everyday. He'd leave my house, and the next second I'd miss him. I hated working full-time, I could only see him nights, but at least I got to see him everyday.


He left on his mission 1 year ago tomorrow (July 21st). And one year ago today, he was set apart as a full-time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The experience with him being on his mission has changed both of our lives forever. I wouldn't take it back for one second. Of course I miss him terribly, but this is where I want him to be and this is where I need to be. It's a huge trial for me in all ways, but I know I can get through because I have the Savior, who understands all my pains, all my joys, all my doubts, all my 'oh my gosh my heart is going to burst with love' moments. Through this, the Savior has become my best friend. He's the only one that's been there for me completely for the whole waiting experience thus far. Others have definitely shown their doubts, told me their fears, told me I couldn't do it, that I wouldn't do it. ONE person has stood strong with me, and that truly is the Savior. Like I said, I wouldn't take back this experience for the world. It's changed me, made me better. My testimony's grown, my love for Tim has grown incredibly, my love for the gospel has blossomed, I've learned who my true friends are, I know more about myself, I know more about missions, I know what I want, I know how to better feel the spirit, I 'know' so many more things now.


I love Tim with all my heart and I hope he's the one I get to spend forever with. No one knows me like he does, he loves me for me, I love him for him, we respect each other, we have the same goals, same desires, we love each others personalities and they blend perfectly. It's as if we're almost the same person, but he a guy, and me a girl. We're truly happy together, we feel the spirit around each other and Heavenly Father has told me countless times to hold onto him. I love him. I really do. I don't care what people say, I don't care what he's done, I don't care that I have a whole year more to wait, I don't care that the odds aren't in my favor, I DON'T CARE. This is something I want, something I am desperate for, and I know Heavenly Father is on our side, so we're going to get this. We CAN do this and it has been the biggest blessing for us. I love him, and I love 'us'. Alway will. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment